The successful candidate will play a key role in business development activities, building and maintaining relationships with existing clients and recruiting new ones. You bring attention to detail, high professional standards and excellent communication skills. Genfor provides a dynamic workplace, desirable location, and opportunity for advancement.
• Ensure that all work is performed safely.
• Participate in or lead resource development projects.
• Coordinate project activities and allocate resources to ensure client requirements are met.
• Respond to requests for proposals and bid opportunities.
• Report writing, cutting permit applications and data analysis.
• Supervise resource planning crews.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated, with strong organizational skills and the ability to work well within a team environment. Experience in managing forest engineering crews is considered a requirement.
• Post-secondary education in forestry or resource management.
• Registered with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (RPF/RFT)
• Minimum 10 years of forest planning experience.
• Capable of balancing multiple projects, while meeting tight timelines.
• Strong working knowledge of forest legislation as it applies to both Crown and private land.
• Experience with GPS technology, RoadEng, MS Office and ArcGIS .
• A valid BC driver’s license.